Tuesday, July 12, 2011

An Emotional Girl Part 2

With any luck, this one will be a bit shorter. For those that know me, this could prove to be a difficult task.

Someone very special to me left the States for a year yesterday (Monday). We were able to have a drink together on Friday night, which was great! I had a great time with this person, and hope they know it. I haven't known this person long, but in this short time, they have become like a sibling to me. I care about this person as I do my big brothers, and big sister. I know that I can tell this person ANYTHING and there is no judgement, only acceptance. Many nights, when I couldn't sleep, be it a nightmare or back pain, this person was there...just a txt away. If I was having a bad day, a good day, whatever...just a txt away. Very few days went by that we didn't at least say hi. This person ROCKS, as a parent, military professional, and friend.

I'm missing this extremely courageous and remarkable person greatly. Missing those daily txt's. Yeah, there is still Facebook, email, Google+, and even snail mail. But, none of those things are the same. Not to mention, the time difference. The forms of communication we do have aren't as instant as a txt is.

It is what it is, and it's an adventure for this person. I'm very happy they have this opportunity, and look forward to hearing all about the adventures they have...so far away from home and family.


So, there ya have it. My emotional week filled with "good-byes," and "I'll see you later." It's definitely not a week I want to repeat any time soon, because it SUCKS...REALLY SUCKS!!! I hate using that word, but there really is no other word for it.

For my friend...if you are reading this (and you better be at some point when settled, lol), I'm thinking of you everyday. Be safe, and I'll see you again soon!!

No comments: